Republic Services of Galena
Neosho will commence the program of automated refuse collection for all residences. Under the new curbside collection program, each customer will receive a 96-gallon poly-cart for their solid waste disposal collected once a week at the curbside. Republic will only service the poly-cart provided and everything must be placed inside the issued cart. Anything placed beside or outside the poly-cart will not be picked up. Residents will roll the containers to the end of the driveway or designated pickup location on collection day.
Additional carts are available, if needed, for $5.47 per month. Please contact Republic Services by utilizing their online or mobile app (App Store / Google Play), Republic Services, or call 800-431-1507 if you would like to order an additional cart.
Please review map for service day. Because service begins June 1st, right after the Memorial Day Holiday the 1st week of service will be one day behind. If your pickup day is Monday, it will occur on Tuesday the 1st week of service.
Collection Program Guidelines
- Trash must be curbside by 5 am on your designated collection day inside the provided cart.
- All trash must be contained in the cart issued by Republic so that the lid is closed to be collected. No material left outside the cart will be collected.
- Al household refuse should be bagged. Bagging your trash will help to keep the cart clean and sanitary and prevent litter on windy days.
- The container will only hold up to 200 pounds. Please do not overload the container.
- The carts remain the property of Republic and will be maintained and replaced at no cost to the resident except for damage due to negligence or abuse. Residents will be required to pay for the replacement of any container if the damage is due to their negligence or abuse. Do not take the container with you when you move.
- The placement of your cart is very important since the collection vehicle's lifting arm requires clearance: 3 feet on both sides, and 12 feet overhead.
- The cart should be no more than 2 feet away from the curb or road edge, and the arrows on the lid must be pointing toward the street, with the hinges facing away from the street.
- Each cart needs to be placed at least 3 feet from each other for those that have multiple Republic carts.
- Place cart no closer than 6 feet from any automobiles and no closer than five feet from any obstruction like mailboxes or fences. We recommend that placement of the carts should be on the opposite side of the driveway from your mailbox.
- If you live on a street that has an alley behind it, the street is the curbside collection point for your poly-carts.
- Items that cannot be placed in the trash container include dirt, sod, concrete, rock, construction or demolition debris, household hazardous waste, animal wastes, leaves, grass clippings, hot ashes or flammable materials such as oil, gas or paint, batteries, engine parts or tires.
- Safe Use and Care of Cart
- Always keep the lid closed to keep rain, snow, and animals out
- Use the handle provided to move the cart. Tilt cart on wheels and roll. Remember to pull the cart uphill and push the cart downhill.
- Remove your cart as soon as possible after collection to maintain the appearance of the neighborhood.
- To clean, simply rinse with water from time to time and let dry in the sunlight with the lid open.
- Do not place any unacceptable materials in the cart.
Bulky Item Service
Republic Services will provide a bulky item pick-up service that will be occurring every week. Please call Republic Services to schedule the pick-up at 800-431-1507. Residents are allowed one bulky item per week but must call into schedule. Pick-up day for bulky items will be Monday but must be scheduled ahead of time. Bulky items consist of non-recyclable items such as mattresses, couches, chairs, and tables that are too large to fit in the poly-cart. Please remember that the placement of these items must not obstruct the poly-carts, or they will be unable to be serviced.
There will be no pick-up on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Service will be delayed one day during the observed holidays. For example, if the holiday falls on a Thursday through Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday service will not be interrupted. Thursday service will be done on Friday and Friday service will be done on Saturday. If the holiday falls on the weekend there will be no service changes.
During periods of inclement weather, primarily snow and ice, Republic may need to delay or suspend collection for the safety of the public and the company’s employees. The operations team will evaluate each situation as it arises and will make a unified decision to suspend or delay collection for the entire city depending on the condition. If this occurs, collection days will be moved back in accordance to the suspension. Normally if one day is missed, services will be one day behind. If two or more days are missed, regular service and routes will resume once it is safe. Those missed due to weather will be serviced their next service day taking all waste.
Republic Services is excited to provide this state-of-the-art curbside program with high-quality services and appreciates the opportunity to serve the Neosho community. Additional information or any questions may be answered by calling Republic Services at 800-431-1507 or visiting their website or downloading the Republic Services app (App Store / Google Play) on your mobile phone.