All animals over four months of age that reside in the City of Neosho for more than 30 days must be currently up to date on vaccinations, vaccinated against rabies, and licensed with the city.
Note: A rabies tag is separate from a license tag. It is the owner’s responsibility to license their pet with the city.
In order to license your pet, you will need to provide:
- Proof of up to date vaccinations
- Proof of current rabies vaccination and tag number
- Proof of spay/neuter (if applicable)
- Payment for the licensing fees
Proof of Rabies Vaccination
You are required by law to maintain current rabies vaccinations for your animal(s). Proof from your veterinarian must show current rabies vaccination.
Proof of Spay / Neuter
To encourage spaying and neutering, license fees are significantly reduced for altered pets. A spay / neuter certificate or other official proof of sterilization from your veterinarian is required the first time you apply.
Benefits of Spaying / Neutering Your Pet
Spaying and neutering not only helps to reduce the burden of pet overpopulation in shelters but also makes pets less likely to stray away from home, less likely to get involved in fights, and less likely to bite; which in turn all serve to reduce taxpayers' expense for animal control costs. For more information on the benefits or process of spaying or neutering your pet, please contact your veterinarian.
- One Year, Non-Neutered or Non-Spayed (Triangle Tag) - $20
- 1-year tags must be renewed by March 1 of every year, according to Section 210.290 of the City Code. No exceptions.
- Lifetime, Neutered or Spayed (Circle Tag) - Free
- With proof from a veterinarian indicating spayed or neutered status, proof of current, up-to-date vaccinations (including rabies)
A $3 replacement fee is required to replace lost or damaged tags. In order to replace the tag, please bring in a copy of your most recent vet report or, if you have it, the paperwork from the original tag.
Licensing and fees will be paid at the City Hall front desk, located at:
203 E Main Street
Neosho, MO 64850
All other charges will be paid at the actual cost charged by the Carthage Humane Society.