Senior Citizen Committee
- Janet Penn, Chairman, Resident of Neosho - Age 55 and Up
Term ends October 31, 2024
- Dan Wood, Vice Chairman, Resident of Neosho - Age 55 and Up, County Representative
Appointed September 17, 2019
Term ends October 31, 2025
- Lynn Otey, Secretary, Newton County Resident
Appointed March 2, 2021
Term ends October 31, 2023
- Donna Carnicle, Newton County Senior Citizens, Incorporated Representative
Appointed November 5, 2019
Term ends October 31, 2024
- Carl Cobb, City Council Rep
Term ends April 2025
- Newton County Presiding Commissioner, Ex Officio Members
- Nancy Tomlinson, Ex Officio Members
The necessity of the Senior Citizen Committee for the purpose of advising the Neosho City Council of development and maintenance needs of the Neosho Senior Citizen's facility located at 1017 Carl Sweeney Parkway is hereby recognized.
(Ordinance 230-2005 Section 1, 11-1-05; Ordinance 333-2008 Section 1, 5-20-08)
Section 125.160: Composition
The Senior Citizen Committee shall be composed of five voting members and two ex officio members. The Committee shall elect from its members a Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary. The Committee's responsibility will be to advise the City in development, maintenance and other related activities of the Neosho Senior Citizen's facility.
(Ordinance 230- 2005 Section 2, 11-1-05; Ordinance 333-2008 Section 1, 5-20-08)
Section 125.170: Term of Office
The members, after the original members, shall serve for three years. In the event of a vacancy, a new member shall be appointed to fill such vacancy in the same manner and for the remainder of the unexpired term. (Ordinance 230-2005 Section 3, 11-1-05; Ordinance 333-2008 Section 1, 5-20- 08)
Section 125.180: Voting Membership
Voting membership shall consist of the following:
Section 125.190: Ex Officio Membership
Ex officio membership shall consist of the following:
- One member shall be a Newton County Commissioner representative appointed by said body; and
- One member shall be a City of Neosho administrative staff employee.
Section 125.195: Definition
For the purpose of this Article, "Senior" shall be defined as an individual over the age of 55.
Section 125.200: Meeting Times
The Senior Citizen Committee shall hold monthly meetings at such times and places that the Committee may determine. A quorum for all regular or special meetings shall be three voting members.
Section 125.205: Responsible to the City Council
The Senior Citizen Committee shall be responsible to the City Council and shall confine its activities to the duties specified in this Article.
(Ordinance 230-2005 Section 7, 11-1-05; Ordinance 333- 2008 Section 1, 5-20-08)